The North Sydney Innovation Network offers a limited number of internships each year to people who want to learn more about innovation, networking and the behind-the-scenes of running an organisation like NSIN.
What can you get out of an internship?
Past interns with the North Sydney Innovation Network have experienced:
- Responding to government processes and policies
- The establishment of global and Australian innovation and startup policies and programs
- Policy and social research
- Financial modelling and strategy
- Writing and editing for PR and online channels
- Social media content planning, design and publishing
- Organising, promoting and participating in events and conferences.
Our internships have also allowed participants to:
- Meet awesome leaders and entrepreneurs in Australia’s innovation ecosystem
- Visit coworking offices, maker spaces and robot workshops getting behind-the-scenes intel
- Attend social gatherings like lunches
- Seen an increase in their professional profile through personal introductions, our events, social media and online channels.
University internships and related programs
The North Sydney Innovation Network works with universities and other training institutions in Australia and overseas to support course-related internships and related programs.
To collaborate with NSIN, contact us to discuss further and provide details about your needs.
Non-university internships and work experience
Occasionally we accept interns from outside the university system who wish to gain work experience, learn and develop new skills.
Work experience is generally offered to those who wish to be with NSIN for a minimum of 10 full working days.
If you are keen (keen beans need only apply!), email us with the following information:
- Your contact details.
- Your training/work experience to date.
- What kinds of topics you are interested in, experiences you’d like to have and/or skills you’d like to learn.
- Your availability (including days of the week and specific dates).