The North Sydney Innovation Network promotes and enhances the contribution of innovation-related businesses, particularly new startups and fast-growth businesses, to the economy and society of the North Sydney region.
We connect startups, established businesses, VCs/investors, government agencies, NFPs, and education institutes. NSIN supports events, an online community, policy and advocacy initiatives and the development of a major innovation precinct for the north.
The Terms of Reference (also known as our vision) for the operation of the North Sydney Innovation Network are:
- To promote the North Sydney region as a hub for startups and innovation-driven businesses.
- To create a collaborative network of businesses, educational/research institutions and shared workspace providers involved in the innovation sector, operating on the North Shore of Sydney.
- To provide and promote opportunities to increase knowledge and ideas among stakeholders in the innovation sector of North Sydney.
- To promote the learning of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, together with art (STE(A)M) subjects among students (predominantly primary and secondary school) in the area to ‘future-proof’ the region via its ‘human capital’.
- To link and encourage the activities of all three levels of government in support of local startups and Innovation-driven businesses.
- To provide feedback to the Member for North Sydney on federal policy settings to enhance Innovation locally and nationally and support Australia’s Knowledge Economy.