Welcome and thanks for signing up to receive news from the North Sydney Innovation Network. This is our first official newsletter!
2017 was a busy year for the small NSIN team. We worked on advancing our Vision as much as possible through a number of key activities. A few of the highlights:
- Holding 15+ events with regularly 40+ people attending. Events included our regular monthly Meetups, an EdTech series with the ACU and pitch nights, judged by some of Sydney’s best VC partners.
- Launching our new brand and starting to become recognised as a hub of innovation on the north shore… [beginning to stamp out jokes about needing a passport to cross the bridge]!
- We started bringing international experience to the community. We hosted Omri, the GM of Australia’s Israel Landing Pad in November and also hosted representatives from the innovation ecosystems of Holland and Sweden.
- Being on show at StartCon (see the photos here). We had an awesome prize for one lucky winner who played our ‘Guess the startups’ game. Carol Upton, from Fledge Innovation Labs won a meal with Matt Kean and 2 months of coworking at WOTSO. Congratulations Carol!! She’ll be reporting back soon…
- Helping to support and grow the north shore innovation community: our Facebook group grew to 1,000+ participants, Twitter to over 700 followers and LinkedIn and YouTube [please subscribe] are picking up too. Check out all our online channels below.
- We wrote a bunch of submissions to north shore councils (including Willoughby, North Sydney, Ku-ring-gai) and to the Greater Sydney Commission – North District, helping put innovation into their strategic plans (you can check out our submissions. Go to “Submissions & Issued Papers AS RELEASED”).
We see 2018 as a year of growth and we want to power up the community, connections and collaboration.
This means more engagement on social media, continuing our awesome events program, stepping up the heat on our advocacy and rolling out new services, such as a community library and mentor program.
We are also seeking partners to join us on the journey and to help us spark even more innovation in Sydney’s north shore area.
If you’d like to be a partner of the North Sydney Innovation Network please get in touch.
We’re also looking for event sponsors and have some other partnership ideas.
Thanks and read on!
The NSIN Team
(Jono, Shireen, Claire, Shima, Sean, Jason)